Wednesday, May 9, 2018

My Research

My Research will focus on the injustices perpetrated on individuals in Africa. CORM will expose me to personal encounters of human trafficking. I strongly believe we have a responsibility to expand our global awareness of these social justice issues, particularly in poverty-stricken areas, and be inspired to think more broadly, an ideal that Saint Joseph's University's Jesuit mission encourages its students to explore.

As a Summer Scholar, I plan to share my experience with the SJU community. I intend to update this online blog daily, documenting what I see, think, learn, and feel each day. I also plan to create a comprehensive video documentation with music and my own voice-overs about the people, stories, and life-long lessons I acquire along the way. I plan to interview members of the CORM staff on their perspectives regarding human trafficking and the effects they observe on the site. I will enrich my knowledge of this devastating issue and will interact first-hand with children who are victims of human trafficking. I hope to gain a better understanding of how this violation of human rights occurs in the first place, how to prevent it, and how to stop it. I am devoted to helping them improve and grow so that more and more children can be saved from human trafficking. Professor McNally will help steer me in the right direction with editing my film and making sure it holistically encompasses my time in Ghana.

I hope this online blog will highlight the injustices in Ghana, specifically human trafficking, as well as show others the impact of interacting with cultures and societies around the world. I hope that they can see the benefits that can result when doing so. After all, that's the magis.

Pope Francis said in his Address to the United Nations: "Today, in concrete terms, an awareness of the dignity of each of our brothers and sisters whose life is sacred and inviolable from conception to natural death must lead us to share with complete freedom the goods which God's providence has placed in our hands, material goods but also intellectual and spiritual ones, and to give back generously and lavishly whatever we may have earlier unjustly refused to others."


1 comment:

  1. This is beautifully brilliant. You’re going to change the world.

    ReplyDelete